Download SOS Explorer Lite
SOSx Lite 2.0 is here!
Download it now:
Please note: SOS Explorer Lite is a large download and depending on your internet connection will take up to an hour to download and install. We guarantee it's worth the wait! Once installed, it takes little Internet bandwidth to run.
Why wait an hour to download SOSx Lite?
Because it's totally awesome. Preview SOSx Lite 2.0 with Beth & Hil on Facebook Live!
NOTE: SOSx Lite will run on systems with specs below these, but the software may exhibit some unexpected behavior such as slow performance.
- Minimum resolution: 1280x720
- 64 bit operating system including Windows 7 or newer, OS X 10.8 or newer
- I3 (I5, I7) or newer CPU
- 8 GB of RAM
- 2 GB of video RAM (preferably a discrete graphics card)
- 15 GB of free hard drive space
- May require administrative rights to your computer to install
Are you having trouble downloading or installing? See our FAQ section.
What's new with SOSx Lite 2.0?
- Released July 2017
- New datasets! See SOSx Lite Content for specifics.
- Compatible with touch screens
- New user interface
- More information buttons - press to access websites, images, and videos that help to explain the topics explored in the datasets.
- Real-time Earthquakes is back.
- Windows download is lighter and more efficient.
On Windows 10 systems, you might get a popup like the bottom left image. Clicking "More info" will take you to the bottom right image that will allow you to select "Run anyway."