What's new with SOSx Lite 2.0?
- Released July 2017
- New datasets! See SOSx Lite Content for specifics.
- Compatible with touch screens
- New user interface
- More information buttons - press to access websites, images, and videos that help to explain the topics explored in the datasets.
- Real-time Earthquakes is back.
- Windows download is lighter and more efficient.
Will SOSx Lite work for you?
- Check out this document to find out more about SOS Explorer and SOS Explorer Lite capabilities and features.
- Then, to try out SOSx Lite, make sure your computer meets our system requirements and download it now!
If you have trouble downloading or installing the program:
- First, make sure your computer meets our system requirements
- Then, visit our FAQ page
- Finally, Contact Us, if you are still having trouble.
How to Use SOSx Lite
In order to make best use of SOS Explorer:
- Become familiar with the select collection of SOS datasets and educational tours included in the package.
- Check out our existing Education Resources.
Once you have SOSx running:
- Take the SOS Explorer Help Tour to learn about the capabilities of the program.
- Click the Dataset icon to see a list of the datasets. Select one and then:
- Click Load to see the dataset on the sphere
- Click Info to open a window of the SOS description
- Take a content Tour or all three - Earth System, Plate Tectonics, and Wind & Weather. Tours are scripted presentations that walk a user through the datasets using a storyline and a learning goal. To learn more about the tours and lessons associated them, visit our Content page.
- Find Help for controls and capabilities by clicking the Tools icon and Help button.
- Allow time to play with SOSx and analysis tools found in the Tools menu. We think you’ll find that it is user-friendly and intuitive.
- Send us your feedback. We want to know what you think! Click the Tools icon and click the Feedback button to send us your ideas.